Breast Implant Options Beverly Hills, CA
Breast augmentation with implants cannot be a one-size-fits-all, cookie-cutter procedure. Patients have a wide range of options as to type of implant, size and shape, location and placement, and the surgical approach employed. Whether you are looking to get a Beverly Hills mommy makeover or just a little more volume, it is always best to educate yourself on all the breast implant types there are available to you.
Dr. Garth Fisher is a board-certified plastic surgeon with more than 20 years of experience, and a world-renowned artist in the field of breast implant surgery. After a one-on-one consultation and a careful evaluation of your anatomy, Dr. Fisher can tailor a surgical plan to meet your individual cosmetic goals for more beautiful, natural-looking, breasts.
Types of Breast Implants
Breast implants are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and feel. There are three basic types of breast implants.
A saline implant is a silicone shell that is filled with sterile saline solution after the shell has been placed in the breast pocket. This type of implant has several advantages:
- Size flexibility: As saline implants are inserted as empty shells and then filled with saline solution, adjustments in size can be made after the implants are in place.
- Natural saline solution: In case of implant leak or rupture, saline solution can be easily and safely absorbed by the body.
- Leak detection: If a leak or rupture develops with saline implants, it will become immediately apparent and the issue can be resolved quickly.
- Incision options: As saline implants are inserted as empty shells, they will require smaller incisions, and can be placed through hidden incision sites.
Silicone Gel Implants
These implants consist of a silicone shell filled with semi-cohesive, soft silicone gel. Advantages of silicone gel implants are:
- Softer and more natural look and feel
- Less rippling and wrinkling
- Can be placed over the muscle in women who have modest breast tissue
- Lower risk of downward displacement (silicone is lighter than saline)
Gummy Bear Implants
Also known as anatomical or shaped breast implants, gummy bear implants are a new type of silicone implant, filled with a strong cohesive silicone gel. Advantages of anatomical implants include:
- Teardrop shape that mimics the natural contour of the female breast
- Natural look and feel
- Low risk of ripples, wrinkles, and creases
- Ruptures and leaks are unlikely to occur
Location and Placement of Implants
Placement of breast implants can be subglandular (above the muscle), submuscular (under the muscle), or dual-plane (under the muscle with the muscle released so the implant can settle to the bottom half of the breast).
- Placement above the muscle carries more risk of rippling and capsular contracture (shrinking and tightening of scar tissue around the implant) and may look unnatural in women who have limited breast tissue.
- Placement under the muscle creates a more natural appearance, but the muscle may prevent the implant from settling, causing a loss of fullness and roundness in the bottom of the breast.
- Dual-plane (half-and-half) placement is a hybrid of subglandular and submuscular techniques. The implant is under the muscle for a more natural look and feel, yet the muscle is moved out of the way, allowing the implant to settle into place for fuller, rounder, natural-looking breasts.
Incisions and Surgical Approach
There are 4 different incision placements in breast augmentation:
- Periareolar – at the bottom of the areola;
- Inframammary – in the fold at the bottom of the breast;
- Transaxillary – in the armpit; and
- Transumbilical – through the navel.
Choice of incision placement is based on the type of implant, the patient’s anatomy, the degree of enlargement, and the preferences of both the patient and the surgeon. The transumbilical incision is limited to saline implants, which are filled after placement. The periareolar approach does not cause loss of sensation in most cases, as some believe. This is caused by damage to a nerve near the armpit, which can occur by placing an implant that is too large. After carefully considering all factors, Dr. Fisher will recommend the best incision placement for you.
Custom-Tailored Breast Implants
The aesthetic success of breast implant surgery depends not only on surgical skill, but upon making the right choices as to type, size, shape, and placement of implants. Dr. Garth Fisher has received world-wide acclaim for his breast augmentation results. With his dedication to surgical excellence and keen aesthetic sense, he is among the sought–after breast implant surgeons in the Los Angeles area.
After a consultation and evaluation of your anatomy, Dr. Fisher can recommend the best breast implant option to achieve your individual cosmetic goals. He will custom-tailor a surgical plan to create fuller, shapelier, lovely breasts that enhance your unique body contour, move with your body, and look natural.
Your Consultation in Beverly Hills
Before a surgical procedure, Dr. Fisher’s consultation is a turning point for any patient’s cosmetic journey. After learning about a patient’s personal goals, he then reviews her so-called “aesthetic profile,” gathering anatomical information to determine the best course of action. From there, he can map out a comprehensive treatment plan. Together, you two will decide whether an augmentation will suffice or if a breast augmentation with lift is more suitable. At this stage of the consultation, the full reality sets in that something can be done about their cosmetic issues. It is an exciting time, for doctor and patient alike.
While independent research is helpful for educational purposes, it will never fully relate the procedure to you. During a consultation with Dr. Fisher, your breast augmentation education goes beyond general information and becomes a personalized experience. With Dr. Fisher’s exceptional aesthetic sense, he is known for his uncompromising assessment of the best options for you, and for providing among the best breast augmentation Beverly Hills and the world have to offer.